Monday 26 October 2009

Interview with Luke McDuffee, Framing Hanley

We talked to Luke McDuffee, bassist/backing vox of Framing Hanley.

So what have you been up to recently?
We've been touring almost non-stop for the past 14 or 15 months. Most recently we've been doing some shows in the south-eastern US, which is our home region.


What’s the best thing about being a musician?
Knowing that I get to do what I love while making people happy at the same time.
The worst is the hangovers.


Who are some of your inspirations?
Paul McCartney, Robert DeLeo, and Les Claypool are my biggest influences.


How have they influenced your music?
McCartney and DeLeo taught me how “less is more” doesn't necessarily mean just playing root notes, and Claypool reminds me that “weird” and “creative” are often related.


What is your favourite album to listen to at the minute?
Bring Me The Horizon's Suicide Season. It keeps my days brutal.


Tell us something people don't know about you?
I'm a Reverend in the Universal Life Church, which I think is hilarious. It doesn't come up much in conversation though.


And what can people expect in the future?
A new album early next year. Prepare your ears for glory!

Comfort in Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment